Decision Day

     After participating in the class tutorials, I gained a deeper understanding for both InDesign and Premier Pro. Prior to watching the tutorials I thought InDesign as well as Premier Pro were going to be somewhat of a challenge to learn and be able to use well. The tutorials showed me that InDesign would work very well in aiding me in creating an astounding magazine for my portfolio project with a very little learning curve to the program. Premier Pro seemed to be a bit more challenging to navigate, especially for someone with no prior experience as myself 

    In the article "Survival of the Fittest:..." Franklin conversed with four very creditable editors and composed their answers (2011). If I choose to complete a literary magazine this article will be a good resource to look back on for guidance on the changing audience and what future trends in regards for literary magazines are. From my understanding based off Franklin’s article, it appears as though literary magazines are composed of multiple written pieces done by different authors. I would want to make sure to include this element in my magazine. This means writing from different perspectives. I am uncertain of how well I would be able to accomplish this which is why I am leaning away from making my magazine specifically a literary magazine.  

    There is a story to be told with both of the movie clip and the magazine portfolio project.  In the article "Our Place in the Universe..." Wayne R. Cherry described the importance of storytelling within the education system in today's environment and the techniques used to express and showcase these unique stories (2017). Cherry also referenced multiple other online applications that would aid in creating a digital story such as a movie. However, none of the applications Cherry included were Premiere Pro. Cherry focused more on sites you could download on devices such as an Ipad or a smartphone (Cherry 2017, December-November). . If I were to choose the movie clip for my portfolio project, I would be using Adobe’s Premiere Pro. Although I did not get much experience with Premiere Pro or all that the program is capable of, I feel as though I would have a somewhat challenging time learning and understanding how to use the program to its full potential.  Premier Pro offers a variety of tools and effects to create astonishing film clips. The transitions and the stitches clips together caught my attention while viewing the tutorials in class.   

    Considering all the aspects to each option for my portfolio project, I have decided to choose a magazine for my portfolio project. The multitude of text and image tools InDesign offered as well ainfinite tutorials and little learning curve heavily influenced my decision. All of these factors will allow me to create a magazine and execute it well.  









Comments