Peer Review

     I presented my magazine to my peers in class and received some very helpful and constructive feedback. My peers gave me insight on things aspects of the magazine that looked professional such as my masthead and my selling line. Tying these two aspects together through the very similar fonts made them go together seamlessly on the cover page. I received the most positive feedback on my cover page and my contents page. My peers loved the layout and flow of both pages. They especially liked how I formatted my contents page with the map of Thailand and the flag as the background. Using the picture of the dark wood behind the cover image help accentuate and draw focus to the cover image. I was already aware my feature article was not as good and as professional as it could be, and the peer review confirmed my previous concerns. I received suggestions such as looking at how recipes in other articles are presented and organized, as well as adding more information about the food and the recipe itself. I could do this by referencing other recipes and incorporating them into the recipe I compiled based off my interview. I could also directly state that I am unable to give an exact recipe and make the “top secret” image the size of the whole page. I would tone down the opacity of the image and place it behind the text, so the text is still legible. On a positive note, my peers liked the way I positioned the “p” in the title of the feature article. Using this feedback, I plan on taking a second look at my feature article which is where I feel my magazine fell the flattest. I believe I possess the ability and the resources to make the feather article live up to its potential. As I watched others present their magazine, I also saw how they laid out and formatted their feature articles and I believe I could make my feature article not only look more professional but also feel more professional to read.  As I gather more information to include in the feature article, I plan on rearranging the text and pictures to mimic a professional magazine. This would include creating different columns of text in the feature article to break up the text compared to the single column I currently have. The idea of having the text in multiple columns came from watching my peers present their magazine and the way they organized their feature articles. I plan on continuing to play with the layout and text on the feature article to glorify its appearance 

Comments